Monday, August 5, 2013

If Wishes Were Water


My Birthday Wish

http://my.charitywater.org/coolwatermimi

It's August and in a matter of days, I'll turn a year older. 59 this time around.

A long time ago, I promised myself that I would find ways to make a difference anywhere and anytime I could.  Just this morning, I took a shower, brushed, my teeth, made a pot of coffee, washed some dishes, fed and watered the dog and the cat I am watching this week, watered my plants in the house and gave a little drink to my herbs and tomatoes. That was just my usage...before 9:00 A.M.

800 million people on this planet still don't have access to clean drinking water, and I'm doing something about it.
This year, I'm giving up my birthday for charity: water.
Instead of giving me presents, or writing on my Facebook wall, please donate $59 for my 59th birthday, and help me bring clean water to people in need.

Please, go to my campaign to donate:
http://my.charitywater.org/coolwatermimi
What's really cool is that 100% of the money we raise will directly fund water project costs in the field, and charity: water will prove every single dollar.  When the project we help fund is complete, they'll send us a digital completion report with GPS coordinates and photos of the community we helped. Click for an example.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than by giving the gift of clean water to people in need. Please join me.
http://my.charitywater.org/coolwatermimi

Thank you for your support!

With love and thanks for making a difference along with me.

XOXO
Mimi
P.S. Read this story from charity: water to learn how clean water changes lives.

 

And here's a little music for you-one of my favorites: Joni Mitchell & Willie Nelson singing a very cool version of Cool Water

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK9I3ncCrSg

And here is a bit more detail about why water is so very important.


 





QUICK UPDATE: I posted this message on my social networks yesterday and in a matter of ten hours, the first donations started coming in. In less than ten hours, a few of my wonderful friends made sure 141 people would have water...in ten hours just by donating $59 to my Charity Water Campaign. Thank you Steve Curran, Jane Aldrich, Lenore Quiroga, Mary Katherine Quasarano, Joel Heberlein and Anonymous for your water gifts, given to people we will never meet, but who we know and will feel your compassion in every blessed drop. The campaign will continue to run until my birthday on August 19th. I hope you'll join the party and make a difference too.